An in-ground pool can be a wonderful and much-appreciated investment for anyone in the San Diego area. Whether you’ve just made the decision to have an in-ground pool built or you’ve had one for a while, there are some essential accessories that can be beneficial. Here are six suggestions to consider.
This is an absolutely essential in-ground pool accessory if you have kids and/or pets. There are many options with pool fencing. One possibility is a mesh fence that’s practically impossible to climb. Also, make sure your fence has a gate with a secure lock. You may also want to consider:
• A pool alarm that alerts you if anyone is in the water unsupervised
• Poolside cameras for remote monitoring
• A wireless gate alarm to alert you if your fence gate is opened
One of the best things about owning an in-ground pool in San Diego is the ability to use it well into the fall and even on warmer days in early winter. However, an extended pool season also increases the risk of having rainwater, leaves, and other debris collect in your pool. A top-quality pool cover minimizes this issue while also protecting your filter and making it easier to keep the water clean and at an optimal level.
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, nearly 400 fatal accidents each year are directly attributed to pool-related incidents. Safety essentials that can make your pool and anyone using it or around it safer include:
• A lifebelt, lifebuoy, life donut, or ring buoy to help someone get out of your pool
• A fully stocked first aid kit stored near your pool area
• A rope and float line to block off the deeper end of your pool if you need to do so for safety reasons
A safe and usable pool is one with properly balanced water. A convenient way to do this is with a water testing kit. Most kits come with drop tests and other easy-to-use accessories that measure such things as chlorine levels and total alkalinity.
A skimmer is one of the top cleaning accessories you’ll want to have on hand to maintain your in-ground San Diego pool. Look for one with a handle extension so you can easily skim off any floating debris from your pool while standing safely on the side. Other cleaning accessories that can come in handy include:
• Pool vacuums
• Flexible pool floor and wall brushes
• Specially designed “pool brooms” that can be used to clean a surrounding pool deck
It’s just as essential to consider some accessories that will make your in-ground pool more enjoyable for anyone using it. There are many accessories that can fit within this category. Some of the more popular ones include:
• Pool noodles
• Full-sized pool floats that can be used to relax on the surface of the pool
• Inflatable floating food/drink holders
• Pool volleyball or basketball sets
• Floating waterproof Bluetooth speakers
If you haven’t built your pool yet but you’re ready to get started, reach out to the professionals at San Diego Pools, one of the premier pool companies in San Diego. We’ve been designing and building custom pools for more than four decades, and our number one priority is giving our customers nothing less than the highest quality in innovative design and outstanding craftsmanship. Call us today at 888-707-7786 so we can begin the process of creating the pool of your dreams.